An Introduction to "When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy" (Group Study)
by Piper, JohnPublished by : Crossway Books (Wheaton, IL) Physical details: Six 30-minute lectures
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due|
Is the command to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind just another decision of the will, or is it an urging to truly enjoy God and feel pleasure in him? And if Scripture does instruct us not to just think or act a certain way but to feel a certain way in our hearts, then what should we do when our emotions aren't motivating us to seek God or to find our satisfaction in him?
Pastor John Piper answers these and other essential questions in this guideded group study. His six, 30-minutes DVD teachings, along with the companion Study Guide, resoundingly communicate that we must fight for joy because delight in god is the hallmark of Christianity. Yet here is a clear reminder too that we do not strive alone.
1. The Fight for Joy is Essential (Part 1)
2. The Fight for Joy is Essential (Part 2)
3. How to Fight and What to Fight For (Part 1)
4. How to Fight and What to Fight For (Part 2)
5. Strategies for the Fight (Part 1)
6. Strategies for the Fight (Part 2)