Why We Believe the Bible
by Piper, JohnPublished by : Crossway (Wheaton, IL) Physical details: 2 DVDs, ten 30-minute videos Year: 2009
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due|
In the media deluge of this communication age, with books, newspapers, blogs, journals, and magazines all insisting that their view of the world is most compelling, which should you trust?
This 10-session WHY WE BELIEVE THE BIBLE set of DVDs, featuring the high-impact teaching of John Piper, is designed to coordinate with the weekly assignments in the companion Study Guide to help your group or class explore why the Bible alone in worthy of our confidence as the book of books, pointing infallibly to the King of kings.
1. Why Does It Matter If the Bible Is True? (Part 1)
2. Why Does It Matter If the Bible Is True? (Part 2)
3. Which Books Make Up the Bible?
4. Do We Have the Very Words Written by the Biblical Authors?
5. What Does the Bible Claim for Itself?
6. How Can We Justify the Claim That the Bible Is God's Word? (Part 1)
7. How Can We Justify the Claim That the Bible Is God's Word? (Part 2)
8. Natural Revelation and the Reliability of the Bible
9. The Internal Testimony of the Holy Spirit
10. What Does It Mean That the Bible Is Inerrant?