The Blazing Center: The Soul-Satisfying Supremacy of God in All Things (DVD)
by Piper, JohnPublished by : Multnomah (Sisters, OR) Physical details: Eight 30-min. sessions, 3 DVDs
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due|
God is the blazing sun at the center of reality. Everything revolves around him. And as the most valuable and glorious person that exists, God is loving, not conceited, when he calls us to worship him, because he's offering us the one thing that will make us the most happy: Himself. God's pursuit of glory and our pursuit of joy are not at odds. Because God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.
In these eight 30-minute sessions, John Piper explains from the Bible:
* Why God is so passionate about his glory
* Why our happiness depends on God's pursuit of his glory
* That God actually commands us to pursue our happiness
* That sin is when we abandon God and pursue our happiness in lesser things
* How our love for God is revealed by our delight in him, not our labors for him
* How joy in God overflows in love to meet the needs of others
* How only joy in God can sustain us in times of profound suffering
Recorded in the intimate setting of a retreat for youth leaders and students, these sessions are great for use in adult and youth Sunday School classes, small groups, retreats, classrooms, and families.