The Blazing Center: The Soul-Satisfying Supremacy of God in All Things (Study Guide)
by Piper, JohnPublished by : Multnomah (Sisters, OR) Physical details: 112 pages
|Item type||Current location||Call number||Status||Date due|
|Books, Booklets, Workbooks||GRBC Library||Available|
God is the blazing sun at the center of reality. Everything revolves around him. And as the most valuable and glorious person that exists, God is loving, not conceited, when he calls us to worship him, because he's offering us the one thing that will make us the most happy: Himself. God's pursuit of glory and our pursuit of joy are not at odds. Because God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in him.
This study guide is designed to be used in a ten-session, guided group study that focuses on The Blazing Center DVD set:
* Lesson 1: Introduction to The Blazing Center
* Lesson 2: The Blazing Center: A Personal Story
* Lesson 3: The Blazing Center: Is God Vain?
* Lesson 4: Pursue Your Joy: Isn't That Hedonism?
* Lesson 5: Pursue Your Joy: God Commands It!
* Lesson 6: True Love: Duty or Delight? (Part 1)
* Lesson 7: True Love: Duty or Delight? (Part 2)
* Lesson 8: Suffering: For the Joy Set Before You (Part 1)
* Lesson 9: Suffering: For the Joy Set Before You (Part 2)
* Lesson 10: Review and Conclusion
Complete with Scripture and key quotations for reflection, penetrating questions, and five daily assignments per week, this study guide will help you place God at the center of your life. When God is the blazing sun at the center of your solar system, all the planets of your life come into proper orbit.